DATE: July 12, 2019
TO: All Union Members in Kaleida Health Bargaining Units
FROM: CWA Local 1168 Kaleida Health Bargaining Committee and Election Committee
RE: RATIFICATION VOTE – FOR KALEIDA HEALTH MASTER CONTRACT
The Union Bargaining Committee reached a tentative agreement with Kaleida Health on July 9, 2019. Absentee ballots are not available for this ratification vote.
Ratification Vote Date: Wednesday, July 24, 2019 – 6:00 am to 8:00 pm.
|Wednesday, July 24, 2019||Wednesday, July 24, 2019||Wednesday, July 24, 2019|
|BGMC 100 High Street, Buffalo||Millard Fillmore Suburban 1540 Maple Road, Williamsville||DeGraff Memorial Hospital 445 Tremont Street, N. Tonawanda|
|6:00 am – 8:00 pm Swift Auditorium||6:00 am – 8:00 pm Ground Floor Conference Room||6:00 am – 8:00 pm Cafeteria Conference Room|
You Must Vote at Your Work Site or Affiliated Bargaining Unit Site
- All Flint Road Members, Patient Service Center Members, Diabetes-Endocrinology Center of WNY, and Buffalo Therapy Services will vote at MFSH (Millard Professional, TCC, & RN).
- All Hertel Elmwood Members, HighPointe Members, and North Buffalo Medical Park Members will vote at BGMC.
- If you are not sure where you should go to vote, call the CWA Local Office at (716) 639-1168 for assistance.
The Bargaining Committee unanimously recommends ratification of this tentative agreement. Polls will open promptly at 6:00 am and close at 8:00 pm. Members in line to vote at 8:00 pm will be permitted to vote. Ballots will be counted at the close of polling on Wednesday, July 24, 2019. Bargaining Committee members will be available for the duration of the polling to answer questions, provide clarification and discuss concerns. A bargaining unit employee list will be used to determine all qualified voters. Only “Members in good standing” will be permitted to vote. A Member in good standing is defined as having signed a Membership Card and Union dues paid to date.
Agency Fee Payers are not Members and will not be permitted to vote.
- Per CWA Constitution: A cast ballot for a “NO” vote for a Contract Ratification constitutes a “YES” vote for a Strike.
- The final bargaining report will be posted on our CWA 1168 website, then widely distributed at the various work sites from July 15 to July 19, 2019. The times & locations will be texted, emailed & publicized.
- The usual tabling locations at BGMC, Millard and DeGraff will be utilized.
- Other off campus site distribution of reports will be determined & publicized in accordance with the dates above.
Your CWA Local 1168 2019 Bargaining Committee, Unanimously Recommends this Agreement.