DATE: May 12, 2020
TO: All CWA Local 1168 Members in LTC at HighPointe and
FROM: Executive Board and Special Directors of CWA Local 1168
RE: Governor’s Plan for Nursing Home Testing
The Governor published the attached executive order in regards to testing last evening.
In summary, the Governor has ordered the following:
- All nursing homes and adult care facilities, including all adult homes, enriched housing program and assisted living residences to test or make arrangements for the testing for COVID19, twice per week of all personnel, including:
- Contract staff
- Medical staff
- Operators and administrators
- This plan must be developed and filed with Department of Health no later than 5PM on Wednesday May 13, 2020
- Any positive test result shall be reported to the Department of Health by 5PM of the day following receipt of such test, in a manner determined by the Commissioner of Health.
- Nothing should prohibit DOH staff from having unrestricted access to the facility for testing all personnel for COVID19.
- No later than May 15, 2020, the operator and the administrator of all nursing homes and adult care facilities must provide to the DOH a certification of compliance with this executive order and directives of the Commissioner of Health.
Currently, there are approximately 600 employees in KH LTC that would need to be tested twice per week. Kaleida Administration is working to meet deadlines. CWA Leadership has requested details as they develop and communications to members as soon as practicable.
We have enclosed the executive order. Please note that refusal to be tested would render an employee as non-compliant and unable to work.
Stay Strong ! Stay Healthy!