Kaleida’s Economic Proposal Would Move Us Backwards
Yesterday, after three and a half months at the bargaining table, we finally received Kaleida Health’s economic package. The proposal which they described as a serious offer, the framework of a new contract, a good faith effort, is concessionary. Kaleida proposed:
· A one-time $500.00 bonus for part-time employees, and a one-time $1,000.00 bonus for full-time employees in place of a general wage increase upon ratification.
· A 2% increase in the second year.
· A 2% increase in the third year.
· No increase in charge pay, lead pay, preceptor pay, trainer pay, float pay or shift differential EXCEPT for a few job titles.
· Upgrades for a minimum number of employees in a small number of job titles.
Kaleida accepted the Union’s proposal to pay for the Certified Nurse Midwives DEA expenses.
They have also agreed to increase the number of job titles they buy uniforms for at some sites.
TO PAY FOR THESE INCREASES KALEIDA HEALTH PROPOSED TO:
· Require ALL FULL-TIME employees to pay 20% of the cost of Medical and Prescription coverage. THIS IS A HUGEincrease in the amount of out of pocket premiums.
· Employees parking in all of the ramps at the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus with the Green Pass will pay the full cost of parking per month and the full cost of any increases. There was an increase in rates for the Blue and Orange parkers as well.
The BGMC RNs and Technical, Clinical-Clerical bargaining units seemed to be specifically targeted as Kaleida proposed to delete their shift differential grandfathering, health insurance grandfathering, and to eliminate 13 hour shifts through attrition.
Kaleida proposed new staffing language that would add an additional 67 FTE over the four acute care facilities.
Finally, Kaleida out right rejected almost all of the Union’s economic proposals including a proposed improvement to the Cash Balance Pension Plan, the 1199SEIU Pension Plan and the IUOE Pension Plan. They also rejected over 40 upgrade proposals, significant changes to the wage scales, improvements to the Dental Plan and improvements to Tuition Assistance. Kaleida Health did not address the Union’s proposal to get all employees up to a minimum of $15.00 per hour.
We still have significant open issues related to the use of Personal Days, Time and Attendance, job protection for Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants and Floating.
IF THE UNIONS AGREED TO KALEIDA HEALTH’S PROPOSAL, YOU WOULD MAKE LESS IN TAKE HOME PAY THAN YOU DO TODAY!
THIS IS A CONCESSIONARY CONTRACT THAT WILL NOT HELP US TO PROTECT OUR FUTURE, SUSTAIN OUR QUALITY OF LIFE AND HELP US TO PROVIDE EXCELLENT CARE TO OUR PATIENTS.
MEMBERS SHOULD BE WEARING#QUALITYJOBSEQUALSQUALITYCARE BUTTONS IN YOUR FACILITY. CONSIDER THIS BUTTON AS PART OF YOUR UNIFORM AND WEAR IT DAILY AT WORK! THIS BUTTON IS A SHOW OF SOLIDARITY AND STRENGTH AS WE CONTINUE TO NEGOTIATE OUR CONTRACT WITH KALEIDA HEALTH. IF YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED YOUR BUTTON, OR WOULD LIKE TO HELP, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR UNION DELEGATE, STEWARD OF MOBILIZER.